2 Delicious Lemon Drop Recipes
Our last post talked about some of the incredible health benefits of introducing lemons into your diet. Today, we have two delicious recipes that will help you do just that, and just in time for Mother’s Day! If you haven’t already, don’t forget to head over to the Qcandy store and pick up some of our irresistible lemon drops. They’ll come in handy if you decide to follow our recipes.
Our first recipe is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. After all, who doesn’t love sugar cookies?
Lemon Drop Sugar Cookies
Ingredients for cookies:
- 3/4 of a cup of butter (softened to room temp.)
- 3/4 of a cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 of a cup of powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of lemon extract
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 and 1/4 of a cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 6 oz. of lemon
- Ingredients for glaze:
- 1 drop candy
- 3/4 of cup of powered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, granulated sugar and powedered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla and lemon extract and mix for 1-2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Lightly grease a 9x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Press and spread the mixture gently into an even layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 13 -15 minutes careful not to overbake and cool afterward.
- For the glaze, whisk all the ingredients toghet (use less lemon juice for thicker glaze and vice versa)
- Pour glaze over the cooled cookies.
The next recipe is just for the adults with a sweet tooth.
Lemon Drop Fizz Martini
- 1 Oz. of Limoncelo
- 1 Oz. Vodka
- 1 Oz. Sweet and Sour
- Sparkling water, plain or lemon flavored
- Crushed lemon drops for the rim
- Rub the rim of your serving glass with lemon or water, then turn upside down on a plate of sugar or crushed lemon drop candies. Fill with ice.
- Place limoncello, vodka and sweet and sour in a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake, then pour over ice in glass. Fill remainder of glass with sparkling water or lemon-lime soda.
Let us know how much you enjoyed those recipes! Don’t forget to follow our blog for more delicious recipes.